The CBD industry in the US has grown to be part of close to a one-billion-dollar sector and still retains a massive potential for growth. A significant portion of these is the CBD edibles, which, as the name suggests, are CBD products that you can eat. You then absorb the cannabidiol through the digestive tract meaning there is no need for combustion. As a result, many CBD users prefer edibles since they do not have to deal with smoke. There are many examples of CBD edibles, including coffees, honey, hard candy, teas, chocolates, and most famous of all CBD gummies.
The growth in their popularity is seen in how, in 2018, they were the most googled food product. In this article, you find out; what are CBD gummies? How to use them and their benefits.
What are CBD Gummies & How They are Made?
CBD Gummies are edible candies in the same form as traditional gummy bears. They still have the same bite-size and fruit flavors as the conventional treats only that they are also added with infused CBD from the hemp plant giving them several health benefits associated with the substance. The making process is also similar.
When making CBD gummies, you start by mixing all the other ingredients on a pan over medium-low heat before later adding the CBD and stirring until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Finally, the mixture is placed in silicon molds and placed in a freezer for about 30 minutes. Once the time is up, you take it out of the fridge and quickly pop up the ready gummies.
What Ingredients to Look for in a Quality CBD Gummies?
The popularity of CBD gummies means there are plenty of products in the market. Hence, it is prudent to do a CBD gummies review research to identify which ones are safe and beneficial. An investigation of the various ingredients is a crucial place to start, and the first thing you want to consider is the type of CBD used.
There are three types of CBD used in the gummies.
- Full Spectrum CBD: This type of CBD has all the naturally occurring phytochemicals found in the hemp plant. These chemicals include cannabinoids, oils, and terpenes. More significantly, though, this type of CBD also has trace amounts of THC. THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is the substance responsible for the high effect you get when you use marijuana. It is a psychoactive compound that also leads to addiction.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: This kind of CBD has all the phytochemicals found naturally in the hemp plant but has no THC.
- CBD Isolate: CBD isolate, as the name suggests, is the purest form of CBD. There are no other substances since the isolate is obtained by extraction. This is why top quality cbd gummies are made with this form of cbd type
CBD gummies made with CBD isolate, are the best. The decision to use full-spectrum CBD is because of the entourage effect, which describes how cannabinoids work together for a more significant impact. Unfortunately, there is the added risk that THC will be present if you have to take a drug test. You also lack the amount of cannabinol that CBD isolate offers. CBD isolate is the best choice here since it offers more of the substance and not THC harmful effects.
Another consideration you have to make regarding ingredients is the additives. These include the fruit flavors and the thickening agent. You want to avoid the use of too much sugar, and you have to check that the ingredients are also organic. Finally, if you are a vegan, you may have to avoid gelatin made gummies, and instead, opt for ones made by its alternatives like agar powder.
Dosage Guide for CBD Gummies: What Amount Should You Take?
The right CBD gummies dosage is dependent on several factors because the FDA is yet to provide guidelines on dosages for CBD edibles. Factors defining the generally accepted interpretation for CBD dosages are as follows;
- The concentration of CBD in the gummies determines how much you will be getting in every piece. It is measured in milligrams, and fortunately, it is easy to figure out the concentration of CBD oil in gummies.
- Bodyweight affects the bioavailability of a drug. It determines the degree of effect the drug will have on a person. For example, in the case of CBD, it will take a higher dosage for the calming effect to kick in a more substantial person while a lower dosage will do for a lighter person.
- The desired outcome also determines how healthy a dose will be necessary. CBD effects can be classed as light mild and robust. Those seeking a light effect will take lower doses, and those needing a more reliable result will have to use a higher dose.
- CBD tolerance, while unlikely to occur, can affect your dosage, requiring you to change or take breaks in your CBD usage.
Ultimately, the dosage you take should range from 10mg to 50mg. If you are a first-time user, you should start with small quantities, ideally 10mg, and gradually increase your take if necessary. This option allows for a more luxurious experience than beginning with a high dose.
Over half of the people who use Cannabidiol (also known as CBD), commonly use it to help manage a health condition. The first common issue is the management of pain. Various studies have shown that CBD helps manage different kinds of pain, especially those caused by underlying problems related to musculoskeletal conditions, neuropathy, and cancer-related issues. CBD helps manage chronic without the significant side effects of most prescribed pills.
Secondly, CBD gummies which are made using cbd are used to manage anxiety thanks to their calming effect. Most research has shown CBD having short-term effects in social anxiety cases, and it also helps in the extinction of fear memories.
Using CBD gummies for sleep is another benefit, especially among people with insomnia, but who do not want to be overly reliant on sleeping pills. Research shows the substance boost production of the sleep-promoting chemical and causes drowsiness. It also helps in relaxing the body, inducing deeper and longer sleep.
Another widespread use of CBD backed by science is its use to cope with depression. It has shown the same anti-depressant qualities as those by other drugs but does not have significant side effects yet is proving to be more productive.
Finally, other uses need further scientific backing, but the evidence so far is promising, including application to manage acne, nicotine withdrawal symptoms, epilepsy, and coping with type 1 Diabetes.
Known Side Effects
CBD has light to mild side effects, which could be benign, but you still need to know about given the impact the substance has on your body. Research is still lacking on any long-term effects, and most of the observed side-effects are short term and will pass. They include;
- Fatigue and exhaustion which are the most recognized and most adverse effect
- Changes in appetite could be increased or decreased
- Increase or loss in body weight
CBD gummies are an excellent way to consume CBD. They may not offer the fast kick found in other methods, but they are discreet and do not require combustion. Further, they can be made at home, and it is easier to know and control your dosage. However, care must be taken on the product selection to ensure you get a safe product with concentrated amounts of CBD.